Ladies Mens & Home Sale
Ladies, Mens & Home Decor/Furniture Sale
Wicomico Civic Center ~ Midway Room
500 Glen Avenue
Salisbury, MD 21804
- Now accepting mens clothing! Limited to 100 pieces.
- Clothing limits: each seller is limited to a maximum of 100 ladies/juniors clothing items and 100 mens/juniors clothing items. Duplicate seller accounts will be deleted.
Sale & Shopping Details
- Bring us your BEST items. Our shoppers are looking for high quality, gently used items in excellent condition and current styles. Items must be 3 years old or less. Price competitively and only bring in items that you would buy at a price you would be willing to pay. We strongly recommend marking clothing Discount Yes (better to sell than bring back home!).
- All items will be inspected during check-in to ensure that our sales floor contains high quality, gently used items. We reserve the right to reject any item that does not meet our quality standards, unclean/incomplete set, smells of smoke or storage/mold odor or that is not tagged in accordance with our guidelines.
- Minimum price $2. Combine similar items into groups if you like.
- Consignors earn 60 – 70% of their sold items less $15 non-refundable consignor fee.
- This is NOT a yard sale event. We operate similar to a consignment/resale store except we are a large 1 day event. Shoppers won’t need to go from table to table…our sales floor is setup similar to a department store with similar items grouped together for shopping ease and convenience. There will be no price haggling, items are priced/tagged by our consignors at the best and final price. Shop early for best selection. Items marked Discount Yes by the consignor will be 50% off from 1pm – 3pm.
- Payment methods: Cash and Visa/MC/Discover accepted (debit/credit card with photo ID required). No personal or business checks accepted.
- Doors close promptly at 3pm on Saturday and any items purchased and held for later pick up MUST be picked up BEFORE 3pm on Saturday. Any shopper held items not picked up BEFORE 3pm on Saturday will be donated REGARDLESS of payment status.
*Items must be clean, free of pet hair & stains, odor & smoke free, and in good to excellent condition. Include batteries in items that require them.
*Duplicate seller accounts will be deleted.
- Baskets: storage & decorative
- Clothing: all seasons (limited to 100 ladies/juniors & 100 mens/juniors maximum per seller)
- Candles (unused)
- CDs (must be in original case and scratch free; do not tape shut…will be checked then we will tape closed)
- Dinnerware (minimum set of 4 & must be complete w/no chips, cracks etc.)
- DVD movies (must be in original case and scratch free; do not tape shut…will be checked then we will tape closed)
- Fishing & hunting supplies (no guns or ammo)
- Furniture: indoor & outdoor
- Glassware (if sets display idea is in box with top cut off so shoppers can see inside)
- Holiday decor & accessories (if lighted all must work) Christmas, Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving sell great!!
- Home accessories such as lamps, pictures, frames, paintings, mirrors, vases & wall hangings
- Home office & computer furniture
- Knick Nacks: figurines, collectibles (clean, no nicks or worn out spots etc. as we are VERY picky when it comes to these)
- Outdoor items: furniture, entertaining & decorative items (flags, statues, iron works, garden creatures, sundials, rain gauges, etc.)
- Rugs: area & accent
- Scrapbooking, jewelry making, card making & other specialty craft supplies
- Serving & entertaining pieces (no chips or cracks)
- Shoes (all seasons–in EXCELLENT, CLEAN condition)
- Tools (clean, in working order and with all parts, cords, etc)
- Wedding dresses & decorations
- Winter Wear: scarves, gloves, mittens, etc.
Items we DO NOT accept
- Items that are stained, broken, faded, dirty, stink, smell like smoke or pets, or an incomplete set.
- Appliances: refrigerators, microwaves, dishwashers, stoves/ovens, washers/dryers, etc.
- Bedding: sheets, comforters, etc.
- Brass items
- Curtains, curtain rods & window treatments
- Electronics: telephones, answering machines, computers, blenders, coffee makers, toasters, etc.
- Floral arrangements
- VHS movies
How to Consign
- Register & pay online a non-refundable $15 registration fee.
- Gather & prepare items to sell.
- Enter items into your inventory & print tags using our online tagging system.
- Attach tags to items (while double checking items for quality & recalls).
- Sign up for a shift online via your consignor online account, click “Volunteer” and open time slots appear.
- Choose drop off appointment.
Log into your online account, click on Check-in, open time slots appear If you are selling 300 items or more you must select a check in time before 3pm.
- Bring your inventory report & tagged items to sale location
- Shop the pre-sale
- Pickup unsold items on Saturday between 4:00 – 5:30pm (or donate to charity). Any item left at 5:30pm will be donated.
- Earn up to 70% of your sales
- Checks will be mailed within 10 days of sale end.
- Increase your sales % by fulfilling volunteer shifts.
- You don’t have to be present to sell but we hope you’ll join our team and enjoy some fun with friends
- BONUS: team members shop pre-sale first!
- Track your sales & inventory. At the end of the sale day we post your sales to your account.
- Donate your unsold items to charity. We’ll handle donation delivery & you get receipt and tax deduction. Our local charities thank you!
- WHITE cardstock (aka cover stock) paper. Available at WalMart or Staples.
- Tagging gun (work best) or safety pins.
- Hangers (plastic ONLY–no wire hangers). Pick up free or inexpensive by asking local retailers or online (ex: Old Navy, Facebook, Freecycle, WalMart, Dollar Tree and K-Mart)
- Packing tape and/or painters tape.
- Zip top bags of various sizes.
*Most of these items available for purchase on our website. Click here to purchase.
- Clothing must be on plastic hangers (no wire hangers). You will not receive the hanger back after the sale.
- Clothing is abundant so price competitively. Good rule of thumb with pricing clothing & accessories is 25 – 30% of retail (go higher up to 50% of retail if brand name, new with tags or specialty/seasonal item). Always ask yourself “How much would I pay for this?”
- Consider marking clothing Discount Yes. We find it helps them sell faster and who wants to bring home unsold clothes? We have LOTS of shoppers who shop early then return on Saturday looking for items marked Discount Yes and purchase more.
- Use a safety pin or a tagging gun (preferred) to secure the tag to the clothing. Place pin or barb in the tag or seam of the item to prevent poking holes in the garment. DO NOT use tape to secure tags to clothing. See picture below. Clothing with taped tags will be rejected and we will ask you to secure them with safety pin or tagging gun.
Tagging Non-Clothing Items
- Do not tape tags to non-clothing items if you feel it may ruin the item or pull off the finish. Instead, you may punch a hole in the tag and use a zip tie or piece of yarn/string to secure the tag to the item. Or instead of clear packing tape use painters tape which is less damaging to remove after purchase. Just make sure the tag isn’t going to fall off because if it does and you don’t have a good description on the tag, we won’t be able to re-secure it for you and the item will end up in the lost & found, unsold! DO NOT cover or tape over the bar code on the tag so that we can’t scan your item to sell.
- When tagging pictures, paintings etc., please place the tag on the front of the item so shoppers can find the price tag without moving the item (helps prevent damage). These items will be stacked together similar to an art store or expo.
- Good rule of thumb with pricing of home decor is 25 – 30% of retail (go higher up to 50% of retail if high end item or new with tags). Furniture, depending on item popularity, condition & brand name can go from 30-50% of retail.
Designer Handbag Policy
The sale of counterfeit designer handbags or other accessories is illegal and subject to criminal and civil penalties under federal and state laws. Coastal Consignments Inc. prohibits the purchase and sale of counterfeit items at our consignment sale events. Coastal Consignments Inc. will not knowingly purchase, consign or sell an item believed to be counterfeit. In addition, consignors selling a gently used designer handbag or accessory at a Coastal Consignments or Coastal Kids Consignment sale event will be asked to certify that the item is authentic.